Paranet Threat Mitigation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Paranet Threat Mitigation

where evil comes to die

You are not connected. Please login or register

Planning in general

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Planning in general Empty Planning in general Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Jim GM

Jim GM
Admin

Welcome!

First off, I'm new to forum moderation... So things are going to be changing as I figure them out. Also, Joe is making a introduction to play by post gaming. Lets not worry how things will work yet, but what we want to play.

The beauty of Dresden Files is character involvement in planning. For example, you want to fight werewolves? I can write that in. You want to be the Spring Knight? Sure.

So what do you want to see? What kind of character do you want to play?

https://pntm.forumotion.com

2Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 am

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Right now I'm between two different characters. One is a half-shadow-demon (changeling template) assassin turned art thief. The other is a warden. If I go with warden one of his aspects is "One Man Wrecking Crew". Smile

3Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 am

Spring Knight Jason

Spring Knight Jason

Already talked to the GM about this one. But I need to write this down on paper (figuratively speaking).

My character is the Spring Knight. The two Fae Courts have been very powerful, however, since Winter's knight has been out of commission for so long a sub-group of the Winter Court has broken off to create the Autumn Court. This court is now making a play for power. For the sake of keeping the balance of power in check the Spring Court has been created by the Summer Court to be a direct counter to Autumn.

I have yet to determine how my character was chosen to be the Knight but I'm slowly working on that.

Oh, Jim did you want me to create the Autumn/Spring Courts? (Mother, Queen, Lady, Knight) Did you want to do it? Just wanna know how much fun I get to have with this. Time to go research more just in case study

4Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 am

Jim GM

Jim GM
Admin

Half demon sounds pretty interesting.

Jason, if you'd like the add flavor to the courts then be my guest and go nuts! But if you'd rather not I have no problem doing it either. Sorry I didn't end up texting ya back.

5Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Spring Knight Jason

Spring Knight Jason

Hey no problem. *cracks neck and knuckles* Time to go nuts! Woohoo!

6Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 am

Jim GM

Jim GM
Admin

Jason, Ok then! Feel free to start a new thread here to hash out details.

I was thinking this for a basic storyline:
The Paranet is working great for communication. Modest practictionors are networking and keeping informed about goings on in the magical community and threats. One thing it isn't so great on is dealing with those threats. To try and fix that, groups of practitioners (some modest, some gifted, others... not so talented) and taken up the mantle of protecting their peers, under the catch all name of 'threat mitigation'.

This game would be one of those small groups. Since were playing chest deep (did I ever mention that) I'm liking the idea of having you be a traveling group. Heavy hitters (a freaking fey knight and assassin so far) that go to the middle of dangers too big for the locals and yet too small to attact the Council. If you think staying city based would be better we can do that instead.

Will you stand up for you fellow man? Will you look at evil in the eye and spit? Will you, perhaps, run screaming to the nearest Warden?

7Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:48 pm

LexSanada

LexSanada

I'm still reading through the book and trying to absorb as much as I can but as soon as I know what I can and can't do, I will have a character more fleshed out. I know for a fact that my character will be a sniper of some sort, but I don't know the specific details and his aspects yet. Soon as I do, I will let you know Very Happy

By the way, those two know me, but I'm Rob. Nice to meet you, GM.

8Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Don't worry too much about aspects yet as they're kind of a group effort. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a wizard at this point but I don't know what my stuff is going to look like yet.

9Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Jim GM

Jim GM
Admin

Welcome Rob. Were working in basic ideas so far, the aspects are good to keep in mind but don't worry about them too much.

So we have a sniper, a knight, and a wizard... This sounds like the begining of a bad joke. Smile

10Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

I can't wait to walk into a bar…

11Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm

LexSanada

LexSanada

So what should I have prepared for my character at this point? I have a bit of his character fleshed out and I have a High Concept (me thinks) but his story is not fully done. I know that there are parts that everyone else does so I'm avoiding making a fully developed character so others can have room to work with.

12Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Jim GM

Jim GM
Admin

It's been a couple months since I read through the books and this game was kinda impromptu, so I've got some reading to do to get caught up. I'm pretty sure its mostly the world that is communal.

13Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Rob you do you're high concept, trouble, background, rising conflict, and first story. They you pass your sheet to someone else and they guest star. Then they pass it on. I'll work on putting together a template for character sheets later based upon what I've seen that works. I need to type up the play by post primer too. Both things to work on on my day off tomorrow.

14Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:57 am

Waldo134

Waldo134

Ive just glanced at the character creation section and i have two ideas for a character. One is an emissary of power who works for an ancient dragon and has a magical ring that gives powers and manifests a large sword. The other is for a shapeshifter that has multiple personality disorder. he has two different forms that he can shift into, but he can only shape shift when he is one of this other two personalities, and each personality shifts into one of the forms.

15Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 am

Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Do the emissary of power. I'm fairly certain shapeshifters aren't buildable by the rules.

16Planning in general Empty Re: Planning in general Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Waldo134

Waldo134

Dragon's bitch it is haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum